Digital Champions Network
Being a digital champion is a great way of making a real difference to older people.
You don’t have to be an IT whizz, you just need a bit of spare time and enthusiasm to support others with using digital technology.
Typical tasks for a Digital Champion include:
- Teaching someone to use Google
- Helping someone set up an email account
- Explaining how easy shopping and banking online can be
- Setting someone up on Skype
- Helping someone research their family history or other hobby online
In return for being a Digital Champion you’ll get free training and support with self-study courses and teaching resources, the chance to meet and work with other Digital Champions in your community and immense personal satisfaction that you’ve help people to get connected!
Get more information about the programme by visiting www.digitalchampionsnetwork.com